Located AtStaffordshire Record Office
LevelCollection
Alt Ref NoLD103; LD109/9; LD507
TitleRecords of Dr Milley's Hospital, Lichfield
Administrative HistoryThe almshouses, originally known as the women's hospital, were probably founded in 1424, and re-endowed by Dr Thomas Milley in 1502-1504. Since the nineteenth cenutry they have been known as Dr Milley's Hospital. The building was restored and extended in the 1980s. It is administered by a board of trustees.
Date1504-1967
DescriptionThe surviving records include a series of order books and minute books of the trustees from 1740 to 1967.
The catalogue for deposit LD507 is not yet online.
Access ConditionsMinimum of two working daysÂ’ advance notice is required for production
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019